BS OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety Management
It is the responsibility of the employer to ensure that the risks to health & safety in the work place are properly assessed and managed so as to minimise the possibility of accident or incident to employees or others that might have access to the site. Plus, in most cases, a company's staff are their most valuable asset and will work more efficiently in a safe environment.
This standard or an equivalent is needed to control your codes of practice for health and safety in the work place by ensuring that your procedures, policies and work practices are safe for your staff and others. Any employer that neglects these responsibilities is risking the welfare of their staff, and their business, as well as the wrath of the Health & Safety authorities. Common sense and safe practice saves lives and money, this is the message behind the standard.
On the importance scale it’s Number One. We have to make sure our work environment is safe for our staff and visitors to our work place, and if your company does site work, you will probably not be allowed entrance unless you have been inducted for the site. You and your staff need to both be safe and not put others at risk, a major reason for Risk Assessments.
Sometimes it’s Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) sometimes it’s safety procedures, always it’s being alert and knowing what you’re dealing with and doing it in a safe manner. The latest standard for Health & safety is OHSAS 18001:2007. Well worth consideration as your staff are your greatest asset.
Benefits of BS OHSAS 18001
- Ensure that your organisation has the best working conditions that it can achieve
- Personnel are better motivated and engaged with a safer working environment
- A policy to identify hazards and control them
- Show both suppliers and customers that you are compliant
- A reduction in workplace illness and accidents through better, safer conditions
To implement the BS OHSAS 18001, you need:
- Senior management commitment and support
- Good internal communication
- Customer and supplier feedback
- Shared responsibilities, roles and timescales
- Regular reviews of BS OHSAS 18001 to ensure continual improvement
- Training and incentives to motivate personnel
- The sharing of knowledge
The Certification Process for BS OHSAS 18001 will include
For more information about the process of BS OHSAS 18001 please contact us and one of our team will be happy to discuss the standard in more detail.
BS OHSAS 18001 Support
If you are seeking BS OHSAS 18001, have a question about BS OHSAS 18001, or require assistance in the setup of BS OHSAS 18001 then please complete our support form below.