BS 8484 Provision of lone worker device (LWD) – Code of Practice
This is a British standard, which gives recommendations and guidance for the levels of support for people working alone with no direct or close supervision, and to control the potential risks involved.
Benefits of BS 8484
- Increased confidence that the recommendations made are the best for the customer
- Customer confidence in the higher degree of safety provided through compliance
- Risks identified and controlled
- False alarms to response services are minimised
- Increased business opportunities through compliance
- Safer working environment knowing backup is available on call
- Availability to have backup without additional staff being on hand
To implement the BS 8484, you should have:
- A clearly defined management structure, which shows control and accountability
- Financial resources, including insurance, appropriate for the business undertaken
- Securely held data
- A clearly defined training staff training policy
- Good communications 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- Clear operational and response procedures
The Certification Process for BS 8484 will include
For more information about the process of BS 8484 please contact us and one of our team will be happy to discuss the standard in more detail.
BS 8484 Support
If you are seeking BS 8484, have a question about BS 8484, or require assistance in the setup of BS 8484 then please complete our support form below.